Elderly people who have missing teeth are usually fitted with dentures to help restore the normal function of the teeth. There are two types of dentures: movable and fixed. Today we will learn about movable dentures. So, what are the materials of movable dentures? If you want to know this knowledge, let’s take a look at the detailed introduction of experts.
Experts from the Plastic and Cosmetic Hospital pointed out that removable prostheses are also called removable dentures. The materials of removable dentures are roughly divided into: resin glue holder made of flexible acrylic denture material, cast stainless steel holder, pure titanium and titanium alloy holder, and precious metal holder. Among them, resin glue and non-breakable glue are more beautiful and suitable for the restoration of anterior teeth; pure titanium and titanium alloy bases have good compression resistance, deformation resistance and biocompatibility, and are suitable for the restoration of posterior teeth. Depending on the material, the types of removable dentures are:
- Complete removable dentures
The complete removable denture consists of a base and artificial teeth. It is retained on the upper and lower alveolar ridges by the adhesion of the denture base and the mucous membrane and the adsorption force and atmospheric pressure generated by the edge sealing, and is adsorbed on the upper and lower alveolar ridges to restore the patient’s facial shape and function.
The types of complete removable dentures are as follows:
1) Overlay complete denture: The material is roughly the same as that of the adsorption complete denture. It is suitable for cases where there are individual teeth or residual roots in the mouth, but the patient does not need, is not suitable for tooth extraction or does not want to extract teeth.
2) Traditional adsorption-type complete dentures: due to different materials, they are roughly divided into (resin) plastic trays, cast stainless steel trays, titanium alloy trays, pure titanium trays, precious metal trays, flexible invisible dentures, non-breakable (resin) Plastic tray and many other varieties. Among them, the pure titanium holder is more comfortable to wear, and the non-breakable (resin) plastic holder is more beautiful.
- Partial removable dentures
Using the adjacent teeth or other remaining teeth in the edentulous area as well as the alveolar ridge and mucous membrane as support, with the help of the clasp and base on the denture, the denture can be well retained in the oral cavity, thereby repairing partial tooth loss, restores the function of teeth and dentition.
The main types of partial removable dentures are as follows:
1) Removable partial denture with precision attachment: a prosthesis that uses various high-precision buttons or locks and other accessories to fix the removable partial denture and perform the masticatory function. Better looking and more stable than snap ring removable partial dentures.
2) Traditional snap-ring removable partial dentures: due to different materials, they are roughly divided into curved stainless steel wire (resin) plastic trays, cast stainless steel trays, titanium alloy trays, pure titanium trays, precious metal trays, and flexible invisible dentures Among them, precious metal brackets are most suitable for the posterior teeth area, and elastic invisible dentures are more beautiful to repair the anterior teeth area.
3) Telescopic crown removable partial denture: The original abutment is used to make a telescopic crown. More beautiful, easy-to-clean dentures.
What kinds of materials are there in removable dentures? There are many materials and types of removable dentures. People with missing teeth can choose the appropriate type of dentures according to their own dental conditions, one of the popular restoration prosthesis is the zirconia dentistry material, the zirconium teeth fabricated with dentistry cad/cam technologies from dental zirconia blanks. It is accurate zirconium prosthesis with digital scan and production. So that the teeth can be worn in the mouth just like real teeth.
Biography: Tony works on Dental Laboratorio who is a dental laboratory technician, he will take little of time to share the dentistry laboratory post, learn more to visit profile on Facebook.